1. Baidu.com (BIDU), a Chinese language Internet search provider, conducts its operations in China through its wholly owned subsidiary Baidu Online Network Technology (Beijing). Also, it conducts operations through Baidu Netcom Science Technology, the firm licensed to operate the company's websites and provide online advertising services. It also runs a Japanese search service. The stock leaped 5.4% on the week.
Of the 33 analysts covering the stock, 91% recommend a buy and 6% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 19.7% to $189.49 in the upcoming 12 months.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company recorded 78.4% year-over-year increase in total revenue to $528.4 million. Active online marketing customers increased 17.3% to 298,000. Net profit for the quarter was up 95% to $252.6 million or 72 cents a share as compared to the second quarter of 2010.Looking ahead, the company estimates revenue to range between $611.1 and $626.6 million, exceeding the average estimate of analysts polled by Bloomberg. The range is an increase of 75.1% to 79.5% from the year-ago quarter levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV