2. Simcere Pharmaceutical (SCR), is a manufacturer and supplier of branded generic pharmaceuticals in China. The company manufactures and sells 46 principal pharmaceutical products and distributes two additional pharmaceuticals that are manufactured by independent third parties. The stock gained 4.9% on the week.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 30.7% to $15.07 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, it was revealed that Merck would form a joint venture with Simcere, expanding its market presence in China. Both the companies have signed a framework agreement for establishing a venture focused on serving China's rapidly expanding health care needs by providing significantly improved access to quality medicines in major therapeutic areas.Merck believes that this partnership is a step forward to the company's major strategy of growing business in China and is fully aligned with the local government's goal to increase access to quality products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV