5. Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) (PBR - Get Report), an integrated oil and gas company, operates in five segments: exploration and production; refining, transportation and marketing; distribution; gas and power; and international. The international segment oversees the company's activities outside Brazil. The stock accumulated 1.7% last week.
Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 72% rated it a buy and the remaining suggested a hold. There were no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 41.7% to $47.84 in the upcoming 12 months.
The company's board of directors approved the payment of own capital interest amounting to $1.67 billion, or 13 cents per ordinary or preferred share, to be distributed until Oct. 31.The company announced last week that it plans to use new submarine technologies in the pre-salt from 2015. In fact, some of these new subsea technologies are already in practice tests and others are in the prototype stage. Petrobras' president said that these new technologies and the success of a few other developments would increase the company's production capacity by 2020.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts