5. Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) (PBR), an integrated oil and gas company, operates in five segments: exploration and production; refining, transportation and marketing; distribution; gas and power; and international. The international segment oversees the company's activities outside Brazil. The stock accumulated 1.7% last week.
Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 72% rated it a buy and the remaining suggested a hold. There were no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 41.7% to $47.84 in the upcoming 12 months.
The company's board of directors approved the payment of own capital interest amounting to $1.67 billion, or 13 cents per ordinary or preferred share, to be distributed until Oct. 31.The company announced last week that it plans to use new submarine technologies in the pre-salt from 2015. In fact, some of these new subsea technologies are already in practice tests and others are in the prototype stage. Petrobras' president said that these new technologies and the success of a few other developments would increase the company's production capacity by 2020.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV