As a natural gas master limited partnership, Oneok (OKE)'s business should seem familiar to investors who pursue income instruments. Essentially, Oneok's business is more about cash generation than anything else -- and its legal structure allows it to pass through the vast majority of its earnings directly to shareholders. That dividend payout increased 7.7% last week to 56 cents per share.
Oneok has been living up to its directive in the last couple of years, dramatically increasing its dividend payouts as the profitability of its natural gas operations continues to improve. The regulated nature of much of Oneok's business has been a good thing for the predictability of earnings, but it could be less attractive if Wall Street's bullish take on natural gas prices pans out as predicted.This stock remains a solid alternative for investors looking for less common exposure to commodity-driven income. Oneok is one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated gas utility stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV