5 Successful Senior Care Franchises
4. BrightStar Care
Franchises open: 180; 220 franchises are expected to open in the U.S. and internationally by 2013
Revenue last year: $100 million, up 50% from the beginning of 2009
Medical care, nonmedical care and child care
J.D. and Shelly Sun founded BrightStar in 2002 after their own poor experience with caregivers. The company likely got its fame after it was featured on Undercover Boss on CBS in April.
The company provides what it calls a "full continuum of home care" that includes adult and elder care services, child care and medical staffing services for individuals, families and health care facilities, the company says.
The company provides "every service available at nursing facilities in the comfort of an elderly person's own home. They can assist with everything from companionship to toileting and hygiene assistance to in-home blood draws," according to an interview with executives on Franchise Gator, an online resource of franchises for sale."BrightStar is one of the most talked-about and successful [franchises] as far as their franchisees' satisfaction as well as units sold. They're more than just senior care," says Franchise Gator's general manager, Farrah Kennedy. BrightStar looks for franchisees with strong management experience or marketing and sales experience. Medical expertise isn't required. Franchisees spend between $95,000 and $163,000 for startup, according to the company website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV