5 Successful Senior Care Franchises
4. BrightStar Care
Franchises open: 180; 220 franchises are expected to open in the U.S. and internationally by 2013
Revenue last year: $100 million, up 50% from the beginning of 2009
Medical care, nonmedical care and child care
J.D. and Shelly Sun founded BrightStar in 2002 after their own poor experience with caregivers. The company likely got its fame after it was featured on Undercover Boss on CBS in April.
The company provides what it calls a "full continuum of home care" that includes adult and elder care services, child care and medical staffing services for individuals, families and health care facilities, the company says.
The company provides "every service available at nursing facilities in the comfort of an elderly person's own home. They can assist with everything from companionship to toileting and hygiene assistance to in-home blood draws," according to an interview with executives on Franchise Gator, an online resource of franchises for sale."BrightStar is one of the most talked-about and successful
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV