5 Successful Senior Care Franchises
3. Right at Home
Franchises open: 220; another 20 locations domestically to open this year
Revenue last year: $173 million, up 27% from 2009
Medical and nonmedical care
Right at Home's founder and CEO, Allen Hager, created the business in 1995 after seeing firsthand the need for quality in-home care for seniors.
Hager had been working in hospital administration and noticed patients coming back repeatedly after being discharged. He sensed disconnect between the care they got in the hospital and the quality of care once they returned home. He decided to offer a solution, the company says.
Right at Home's franchisees hire professional caregivers to deliver three levels of client assistance: companionship, including cooking, cleaning and running errands; personal care; and light skilled nursing, which is typically help administering medications.Nearly 30% of its franchisees exceeded $1 million in sales last year, and the highest-earning franchisee completed $9.4 million in sales (he owns two territories), the company says. The company says average revenue per office rose 28.3% last year, and that even established offices are growing in the double digits. Right at Home says that established offices at least nine years old are growing an average 16.4%. Franchisees spend between $75,000 and $100,000 to start a franchise. They are responsible for hiring qualified caregivers and marketing services, including to hospitals, doctors and physical therapists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV