Despite concerns regarding the looming deadline for government to present a resolution to the debt-ceiling issue and weak GDP data, the premium denim retailer surged 13.1% to $33.59 in morning trading.
True Religion reported a 30% jump in its second-quarter profit, earning $9.4 million, or 38 cents per share, better than consensus estimates of 33 cents.
Revenue rose 20% to $98.3 million from $82.2 million, also ahead of forecasts of $91.6 million.But overall, the S&P Retail Index dropped 0.4% to 536.15 Friday morning. Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) is one of the biggest decliners, plunging tk% to tk. While second-quarter profit and revenue both easily topped outlooks, costs rose 10.6%. --Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV