Valero Energy (VLO) erased 7.6% as the company's second-quarter profit missed analysts' estimates on higher-than-expected losses at its Canadian refinery.
Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV) shed 6.7%.
Suntech Power Holdings (STP) declined 6.7% as Deutsche Bank equity analyst Eric Cheng has downgraded the stock to hold from buy with a price target of $6.2 per share.Newfield Exploration (NFX) and Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) trimmed 6.6% and 6.5%, respectively. Rosetta Resources (ROSE) lost 6.3% after receiving a downgrade to neutral from positive with a price target of $60 per share from Susquehanna equity analyst Gray Peckham. Also on the downside were Denbury Resources (DNR) and Suncor Energy (SU), closing the week down around 6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV