Before we begin, I'd like to review our Safe Harbor statement with you. While we do not share projections of our future performance, we do need to remind you that any statements we make that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements and are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such statements are based on our current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
For more information, I refer you to the descriptions of these risk factors found in our earnings release as well as the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 30, 2010, its quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarters ended December 31, 2010 and March 31, 2011 and other publicly available documents filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements should be considered in light of those factors.
I will now turn the call over to Michael for a discussion of business results.
Michael MorrisonThanks, Dan, and thank you all for joining us this afternoon. I will turn the call over to Murray surely, but first I want to share some brief comments about our Q3 performance. After Murray provides additional details on this performance I'll comeback and talk about our just completed quarter as well as the overall market and our plans moving forward. Total revenues for Q3 were $4.41 million, down 4% from total revenues in the same quarter a year ago. License revenue were $2.4 million, a 2% decline from the comparable quarter a year ago. Net income for the quarter was $213,000 or $0.03 per diluted share compared to net income of $222,000 or $0.04 per diluted share from a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV