SDIX Reports Second Quarter 2011 Results
SDIX (Nasdaq: SDIX), a leading provider of biotechnology-based products and services for a broad range of life science, biotechnology, diagnostic and food safety applications, today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2011.
Revenue for the second quarter of 2011 was $7.1 million, increasing from $6.8 million for the same period in 2010. This growth was driven by strong revenue in SDIX’s core focus areas of Life Science, up 13%, and Food Safety, up 26%.
Year-to-date total revenue for the six months ended June 30, 2011 was $14.5 million, increasing 8% from $13.5 million for the same period in 2010. For the 2011 six month period, Life Science and Food Safety revenue increased 16% and 27%, respectively.
Net loss for the second quarter of 2011 was $657,000, compared to net loss of $215,000 in 2010. The increase in net loss was primarily related to investments in the Company’s strategic growth initiatives in Life Science and Food Safety. These initiatives included the expansion of marketing, sales and R&D resources to support increased sales as well as new product and technology development.Highlights
- Focused investment in marketing, sales and R&D yield continued double digit growth in Life Science and Food Safety revenue.
- Expanded Life Science In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Portfolio with Launch of New Apo B Antibodies – Apo B is used to help determine an individual’s risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
- Expanded Development of Food Safety Testing Platform – To include the next six important types of E. coli pathogens. These E. coli types are bacterial toxins that are involved in the most serious forms of food-poisoning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV