State FarmÂ® Announces New Effort To Bring Connected Vehicle Services And Savings Program To Millions Of Drivers
BLOOMINGTON, Ill., July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- State Farm and Hughes Telematics, Inc. are announcing a major joint effort to bring connected vehicle services and telematics savings programs to drivers across North America. The new effort is called In-Drive® and has been tailored specifically for State Farm policyholders by Hughes Telematics, Inc. The service debuts in Illinois in September with more states to be added in 2012.
In-Drive offers a variety of new safety and diagnostics features including:
- One-touch emergency response,
- Roadside assistance,
- Stolen vehicle location assistance,
- Vehicle diagnostic alerts and maintenance reminders, and
- Family-friendly features like location services and speed alerts.
In addition to offering these capabilities, the service also includes a special website and smartphone app for remote and mobile access.
"This combined offering represents a first in our industry," said Mike Wey, Senior Vice President, State Farm. "It will provide drivers with a wide range of new options that will make for a smarter vehicle and even smarter driver."In-Drive provides an easy-to-install device that works in most vehicles made after 1995. It broadens access to new connected vehicle services without requiring drivers to purchase a new vehicle. Services will be available in three different packages. For the first six months, the basic package will be free after a $10 activation fee. Other packages will range in cost from $5/month to $14.99/month plus applicable taxes. Additional Savings Program In addition to offering new connected services, In-Drive also will enable more State Farm policyholders to take part in the Drive Safe & Save program. In-Drive will provide driving performance data and the customer's savings will be based on mileage, turns, acceleration, braking, speed and time of day vehicle is operated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV