DETROIT ( TheStreet) -- Evidently, all of those people who are buying Hyundai cars have now decided they feel loyalty to the brand.
In a new survey of buyer behavior, Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com said Hyundai, whose Sonata is pictured below, ousted traditional mainstays Honda (HMC) and Toyota (TM) to become the No. 1 brand for consumer loyalty during the second quarter.
Following up the top three are fourth-place Ford (F) and fifth-place Subaru.
Kelley Blue Book said consumers' brand loyalty "has waned during the past year for the majority of vehicle makers, due to the economic downturn and consumers becoming much more aware of issues such as fuel prices, safety recalls, available vehicle options and additional models within their intended price points."On the brand loyalty scale, Hyundai registered a 52.3%, which is the percentage of Hyundai owners who, during the quarter, shopped for the same brand as their next vehicle. Kelley Blue Book surveys owners who visit kbb.com to research trade-in or private party vehicles by brand as they seek to make a purchase. Read on for the top five brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV