DETROIT (TheStreet) -- Evidently, all of those people who are buying Hyundai cars have now decided they feel loyalty to the brand.
In a new survey of buyer behavior, Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com said Hyundai, whose Sonata is pictured below, ousted traditional mainstays Honda (HMC) and Toyota (TM) to become the No. 1 brand for consumer loyalty during the second quarter.
Following up the top three are fourth-place Ford (F) and fifth-place Subaru.
Kelley Blue Book said consumers' brand loyalty "has waned during the past year for the majority of vehicle makers, due to the economic downturn and consumers becoming much more aware of issues such as fuel prices, safety recalls, available vehicle options and additional models within their intended price points."On the brand loyalty scale, Hyundai registered a 52.3%, which is the percentage of Hyundai owners who, during the quarter, shopped for the same brand as their next vehicle. Kelley Blue Book surveys owners who visit kbb.com to research trade-in or private party vehicles by brand as they seek to make a purchase. Read on for the top five brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV