NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets were mixed Thursday as debt worries deepened.
The The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 62.44, or 0.51%, to 12,240.11. The S&P 500 dropped 4.22, or 0.32%, to 1300.67. The Nasdaq was up 1.46, or 0.05%, to 2766.25.
Most of CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show focused on the eleventh-hour moves to get the Boehner bill passed in the House to reduce the budget deficit and institute spending cuts.
Guy Adami said he was surprised that the S&P didn't move higher today on expectations of a deal.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV