SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) â¿¿ One worker has been killed and another seriously hurt in an industrial accident at the construction of a new Thermon Manufacturing Co. building in Central Texas.
San Marcos, Texas police say a pre-engineered metal building frame under construction collapsed Wednesday at Thermon Manufacturing, which is a unit of Thermon Group Holdings Inc.
Police did not immediately provide further details on the surviving worker, except that the person has non-life threatening injuries and has been transported to a hospital. Police did not release names of either worker.
The building under construction is a new manufacturing facility for Thermon, which makes heat tracing products for the energy industry. The contractor is Bailey-Elliott Construction Inc. of Austin.Thermon attorney Jim Schubert said Thursday the accident is under investigation and he declined further comment. Bailey-Elliott did not immediately comment to The Associated Press.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV