4. Calpine (CPN), an independent wholesale power company, owns and operates natural gas-fired and geothermal power plants in North America. The company's portfolio of power generation technologies consists of natural gas-fired combustion turbines, which are primarily combined-cycle plants, and renewable geothermal conventional steam turbines.
A consensus estimate of analysts polled by Bloomberg expects recording sales of $1.48 billion in the second quarter of 2011, compared to $1.43 billion in the same period of 2010. Net loss during the quarter is seen narrowing down to $5.22 million or breakeven per share as compared to a loss of $42 million, or 9 cents a share, in the same quarter prior year. Return on assets during the quarter is seen expanding to 1.22% from 0.17% earlier. Operating profit is estimated to double to $253 million.
Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 11 recommend a buy while 3 suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 15.8% to $19.36 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV