5. ALLETE (ALE), an energy company, operates in two business segments: Regulated Operations, and Investments and Other. Its regulated operations consist of regulated utilities and an investment in American Transmission Company, while Investments and Other consists of coal mining operations and real estate investment.
The company is likely to report a net income of $15.87 million or 47 cents per share during the second quarter of 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. For the quarter, Allete is likely to report sales of $222 million, compared to $211 million recorded in the year-ago quarter. EBITDA for the quarter is seen rising by 5% to $54.5 million.
With a dividend yield of 4.5%, the company recently announced a quarterly dividend of 44.5 cents per share on its common stock payable on September 1, 2011. For the previous quarter, AEL paid a dividend of 44 cents.Of the five analysts covering the stock, three recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 8.2% to $44.33 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV