NEW YORK (TheStreet) - These six companies from the technology and utilities industry will report respective quarterly earnings tomorrow. These stocks have upsides ranging from 6% to 50% with an average 65% buy rating and 33% hold rating, and no sell ratings.
The stocks are stacked based on their upside potential, great to greatest.
6. American Electric Power (AEP), a holding company, engages in the business of providing electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution on an integrated basis to its retail customers. AEP has 12 public utility subsidiaries that cover certain sections of almost 11 states.Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to record sales of $3.59 million during the second quarter 2011, up 6% from the year-ago quarter. Net income is seen increasing to $357.25 million or 76 cents per share, compared to $355 million or 74 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Operating profit is seen recording a 100% increase to $787 million from $394 million in the second quarter of 2010. With a dividend yield of 5.01%, the company recently declared regular quarterly cash dividend of 46 cents per share on its common stock, payable Sept. 9. Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, roughly half recommend a buy while the remaining suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 6.4% to $40.10 in the upcoming 12 months. >> Get your financial news on the go with TheStreet's iPad app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV