Adeona Plans To Commercialize WellZinâ¿¢ To Reduce Symptoms Of The Common Cold
ANN ARBOR, Mich., July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Adeona Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex: AEN), announced today that it has acquired exclusive access to two sets of clinical data demonstrating, with statistical significance, the safety and efficacy of a particular oral zinc formulation in reducing the duration and severity of symptoms associated with the common cold. The common cold is one of the most widespread illnesses and is a leading cause of visits to the doctor and absenteeism from school and work. Based on the reduction of common cold symptoms demonstrated by the 13.3 mg zinc acetate formulation, Adeona intends to commercialize an oral zinc lozenge as a homeopathic over-the-counter (OTC) drug under the brand name wellZin ™.
Pursuant to the agreement with Ananda S. Prasad, M.D., Ph.D., a Distinguished Professor of Internal Medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine, an Adeona Scientific Advisory Board member and the Principal Investigator of two separate clinical studies that evaluated a particular zinc lozenge for symptoms of the common cold, Adeona has obtained exclusive access to statistically significant clinical data, including the following:
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 50 participants demonstrated that compared to the placebo group, the zinc lozenge group (13.3 mg of zinc acetate) had a mean overall reduction of the following(i):
- Duration of the cold (4.0 versus 7.1 days; P-value < 0.0001)
- Cough (2.1 versus 5.0 days; P-value < 0.0001)
- Nasal discharge (3.0 versus 4.5 days; P-value < 0.02)
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 48 participants demonstrated that compared to the placebo group, the zinc lozenge group (12.8 mg of zinc acetate) had a mean overall reduction of the following(ii):
- Duration of the cold (4.5 versus 8.1 days; P-value < 0.01)
- Cough (3.1 versus 6.3 days; P-value < 0.001)
- Nasal discharge (4.1 versus 5.8 days; P-value < 0.025)
Both of the clinical studies demonstrated that these zinc lozenges were well-tolerated by the treatment participants and that the zinc and placebo groups did not differ significantly in the incidences of adverse effects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV