NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If incremental profit growth and gradual product rollouts defined success in today's mobile device market, then Motorola Mobility (MMI), which reports second-quarter earnings after the bell Thursday, would top every investor's list this year.
Unfortunately, innovation as it relates to consumers' desire for the next great gadget moves at a steady breakneck pace, and Motorola, whose promising 2011 product launches have either been delayed or half-baked, has fallen behind.
The company, say analysts, isn't likely to see big market gains until next quarter, when its 4G products firmly hit U.S. shelves and it cements further gains in China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV