Dover Motorsports, Inc. (NYSE: DVD) today reported results for the three months ended June 30, 2011.
As previously reported, the assets, liabilities and operating results of the Company’s Gateway facility have been reclassified in the accompanying consolidated financial statements to report Gateway separately as a discontinued operation.
The Company promoted five major events during the second quarter of 2011 compared to six major events during the second quarter of 2010. A NASCAR Nationwide Series event promoted at Nashville Superspeedway in the second quarter of 2010 was held in the third quarter of 2011.
Revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 were $26,381,000 compared with $29,946,000 in the second quarter of 2010. The decrease in revenues was primarily due to the schedule change noted above and from lower admissions and event related revenues at the Company’s NASCAR triple-header in Dover.Operating and marketing expenses were $15,488,000 in the second quarter of 2011 as compared to $18,197,000 in the second quarter of 2010. The decrease was also primarily due to promoting one less event in the second quarter 2011, as well as from lower expenses during the Dover NASCAR weekend. General and administrative expenses of $2,146,000 in the second quarter of 2011 were down from $2,338,000 for the same quarter last year. The decrease is due primarily to lower employee costs and lower costs resulting from the sale of the Memphis facility. Net interest expense was $592,000 for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 compared to $793,000 in the second quarter of 2010. The decrease was due to lower borrowing costs as a result of the April 2011 refinancing of the Company’s credit facility and lower average outstanding borrowings in the second quarter of 2011 compared to 2010. Loss on extinguishment of debt relates to the write-off of $67,000 of debt issuance costs associated with the previous credit facility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV