Pacer International, Inc. (Nasdaq: PACR), the asset-light North American freight transportation and logistics services provider, today reported financial results for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2011.
SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
- Revenues were $386.3 million. Excluding revenues from the transitioned east-west big box business during 2010, intermodal revenues improved by $27.2 million or 9.8%;
- Gross margin percentage improved to 12.0% in the 2011 period compared to 11.2% in the 2010 period;
- Selling, general and administrative expenses decreased $3.2 million or 8%;
- Income from operations increased $4.3 million or 134% to $7.5 million;
- Operating margin percentage improved to 1.9% in the 2011 period compared to 0.8% in the 2010 period;
- Net income increased by $2.8 million to $4.2 million; and
- Earnings per share increased by $0.08 to earnings per share of $0.12 in 2011.
(In millions, except for per share data)
|Gross margin %||11.7%||12.0%||11.2%|
|Income from operations||3.9||7.5||3.2|
|Operating margin %||1.1%||1.9%||0.8%|
|Earnings per share||$||0.06||$||0.12||$||0.04|
“We continued on the track of improved sustainable profitability as our earnings per share increased to $0.12 for the quarter and to $0.18 year-to-date. Our continued focus on growth and leveraging our SG&A has resulted in our positive financial results to date,” said John J. Hafferty, CFO of Pacer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV