Cache, Inc., (NASDAQ: CACH), a specialty chain of women’s apparel stores, reported results for the thirteen (“second quarter”) and twenty-six week periods (“first six months”) ended July 2, 2011.
For the 13-week period ended July 2, 2011:
- Net sales increased 6.5% to $60.3 million from $56.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2010. Comparable store sales increased 6.0%, which compares to an increase of 5.1% in the second quarter of fiscal 2010;
- Gross profit increased 10.4% to $27.5 million, or 45.7% of net sales from $24.9 million, or 44.1% of net sales in the second quarter of fiscal 2010;
- Operating income totaled $4.2 million, as compared to $1.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2010; and
- Net income totaled $2.8 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, as compared to net income of $897,000, or $0.07 per diluted share in the second quarter of fiscal 2010.
Thomas Reinckens, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We are pleased to report better-than-expected second quarter results continuing our favorable momentum from the first quarter. We believe our strong performance validates the success of the design, merchandising and sourcing process changes implemented last year and the focused execution of our team. This led to a 6% increase in comparable store sales following a 5% comparable store sales increase in last year’s second quarter and a threefold increase in diluted earnings per share. Our comparable store sales increase was fueled by regular price selling, as we presented distinctive collections that resonated with our core customers and attracted new consumers to our brand. We ended the quarter with a strong balance sheet with $27 million in cash and marketable securities, with inventory below the prior year.”
“As we look ahead, we are optimistic about our ability to continue our positive performance,” Mr. Reinckens continued. “We see additional opportunity to further increase sales and margins, and utilize our improved tools to create stronger selling assortments. We also expect to benefit from increased conversion rates by optimizing customer service levels and our in-stock position. In total, we continue to expect fiscal 2011 to represent a strong year for Cache and deliver increased value for our stakeholders.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV