Mutualfirst Financial Inc. Stock Upgraded (MFSF)
- MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC's earnings per share declined by 5.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.69 versus $0.21 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 42.8% in earnings ($0.40 versus $0.69).
- Despite the weak revenue results, MFSF has outperformed against the industry average of 35.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.80% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MFSF's share price has jumped by 25.06%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MFSF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts