- Consolidated revenues rose to 30,886 million euros in the first half of 2011 thanks to the sharp rise at Telefónica Latinoamérica (+18.4% year-on-year) and the significant increase of mobile data revenue (+18.5% year-on-year), showing a strong dynamism and remaining a key growth driver in all regions
- Consolidated OIBDA advanced 3.7% to 11,304 million euros thanks to the high level of operating efficiency, leaving an OIBDA margin of 36.6%
- Telefónica Latinoamérica and Telefónica Europa accounted for 71% of consolidated revenue and 64% of Group OIBDA
- Net income totalled 3,162 million euros (-16.3%), affected by the non-cash impact resulting from Telco’s revision of the value of its stake in Telecom Italia, which reduced net income in the first half-year by 353 million euros
- The contract segment continued to increase its weight within the overall customer base (+13%) and accounted for 32% of the Group’s 227.3 million mobile accesses. Moreover, the segmentation of tariffs by consumption patterns (tiered pricing) and the quality of the network boosted mobile broadband accesses, which totalled 29.8 million at the end of June. Retail fixed broadband and Pay TV accesses also posted respective growth of +8% and +16% to 17.6 million and 3.1 million
- Especially noteworthy was the performance of Brazil, where the advantages of the integration of fixed and mobile operations boosted growth in the key items (revenue, +6.4% organic; OIBDA, +13.2% organic), while estimated synergies have been upgraded to a new range of between €3,700 and €4,600 million
- The Telefónica Group invested 3,838 million euros through June, with the development of fixed and mobile broadband services accounting for the bulk of this sum. Spain experienced especially sharp growth in investment (+8.7%) in the first half. Despite the investment drive, cash flow generation (OIBDA-CapEx) stood at 7,466 million euros at the end of June
Telefónica’s First-Half Revenues Rose By 6.3%, Underpinned By The Latin American Business And A Sharp Rise In Mobile Data Revenue
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.