Old Second Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Old Second”) (NASDAQ: OSBC), parent company of Old Second National Bank (the “Bank”), today announced results of operations for the second quarter of 2011. The Company reported net income of $1.0 million, compared to a net loss of $23.4 million in the second quarter of 2010. The Company’s pretax income of $1.0 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to a $39.2 million pretax loss for the second quarter of 2010. The Company’s net loss available to common shareholders of $162,000, or $0.01 per share, for the second quarter of 2011, compared to a net loss available to common shareholders of $24.5 million, or $1.75 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2010.
The Company’s $500,000 provision for loan losses for the second quarter of 2011 compared favorably to the $44.6 million provision in the second quarter of 2010 and the $4.0 million provision in the first quarter of 2011. The allowance for loan losses was 36.81% of nonperforming loans as of June 30, 2011, compared to 33.33% a year earlier and 37.89% as of March 31, 2011.
“We are very pleased to announce that the capital ratio objectives that we agreed to with the OCC have been exceeded” the Company’s Chairman and CEO, Bill Skoglund said. “As of June 30, 2011, the Bank’s leverage ratio was 9.10%, up 100 basis points from December 31, 2010, and 35 basis points above the objective the Bank had agreed with the OCC to maintain of 8.75%. The Bank’s total capital ratio was 12.61%, up 98 basis points from December 31, 2010, and 136 basis points above the objective of 11.25%.”
Mr. Skoglund continued, “Consecutive quarterly declines in nonperforming assets are encouraging. While uncertainty remains in the broader economy, we have seen signs of stabilization in commercial real estate values in our market area, which we believe will be a key to our continuing improvement.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV