Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. Receives Award From The National Nuclear Security Administration For The System Integration And Performance Upgrade Of The B737 Classic Aircraft
Today the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) placed an order valued at more than $5 million with Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISSC) for the complete Systems Integration and Cockpit Avionics upgrade of their B737-400 classic aircraft.
This initial order for retrofit of two (2) B737-400 aircraft will provide NNSA full CNS/ATM capabilities and similar efficiency and performance to the NG (Next Generation) at a fraction of the cost. This integration effort eliminates legacy CRT displays and avionics, leverages commercial off-the-shelf technology, and provides a platform for future upgrades. Included in the effort are enhanced FMS, TCAS, EGPWS, NexRad, SatCom, and ADS-B capabilities. NNSA achieves:
- CNS/ATM mandate compliance
- Fleet standardization of the flight deck
- Increased operational flexibility while enhancing safety and efficiency.
- Improved dispatch availability and component reliability.
- Significantly improved aircrew situational awareness and reduced aircrew workload.
This program complements the IS&S FPDS contracted for more than 400 B757/B767 aircraft with more than 100 aircraft already in revenue service. The upgrade for the B737-300/-400/-500 series aircraft as well as for the B757/B767 is a platform for compliance with NextGen and SESAR requirements, is CPDLC, RNP, ADS-B, and In-Trail capable, provides power and weight savings, and reduces fuel consumption and CO 2 emissions.
“We are pleased that NNSA has chosen Innovative Solutions and Support to upgrade their aircraft,” said Roman Ptakowski, President of Innovative Solutions & Support. “The Innovative Solutions & Support Cockpit/IP™ is the most cost-effective solution to upgrade legacy avionics with state-of-the-art technology.”The Cockpit/IP for the B737 is an open architecture flat panel display system that allows operators to upgrade their aircraft to a glass flight deck while leaving third party avionics installed in the aircraft. This design approach allows the operator to select the best of breed new equipment and minimizes the cost and down time of the upgrade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV