Pacific Capital Bancorp Reports Second Quarter 2011 Net Income Of $21.0 Million; Completes Brand Consolidation Initiative
Pacific Capital Bancorp (Nasdaq:PCBC), a community bank holding company and parent of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust, N.A., reported net income of $21.0 million, or $0.64 per diluted share, for the three months ended June 30, 2011, compared with $16.8 million, or $0.51 per diluted share, for the three months ended March 31, 2011. This brings total net income to $63.5 million, or $2.00 per diluted share, since the closing of the $500 million investment from a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Financial Fund, L.P. on August 31, 2010.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Achieved a return on average assets of 1.43% and a return on equity of 12.27% for the second quarter of 2011, compared with 1.14% and 10.39%, respectively, for the first quarter of 2011;
- Improved net interest margins to 4.42% for the second quarter of 2011, compared with 3.99% for the first quarter of 2011;
- Grew regulatory capital ratios to 11.6% and 18.3% for Tier 1 Leverage and Total Risk-Based Capital ratios, respectively; and,
- Completed initiative to consolidate all operations under the single brand name of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust; changed banking subsidiary name to Santa Barbara Bank & Trust, N.A. (from Pacific Capital Bank, N.A.)
“Pacific Capital Bancorp has delivered its third consecutive quarter of strong performance since our successful recapitalization last August,” said Carl B. Webb, Chief Executive Officer. “We are very pleased with the progress we have made towards achieving our strategic goals in just ten months. Our capital levels, which have continued to grow even stronger each quarter, significantly exceed the regulatory levels to be considered well capitalized. This has allowed us to undertake the important investments in the Bank’s infrastructure that will ensure a quality banking experience for our customers, provide scalability for future growth, and allow us to operate at a lower overall cost in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV