PERRYSBURG, Ohio, July 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Owens- Illinois, Inc., (NYSE: OI), the world's largest glass packaging maker, has named Steve Bramlage president of the company's Asia Pacific region. Bramlage succeeds Greg Ridder, who is leaving the company to pursue other interests.
O-I's Asia Pacific region accounts for about $1 billion of the company's global sales. The company has 13 plants employing 6,000 employees in four countries in the region, including Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and China. The company also has joint ventures in Malaysia and Vietnam. Bramlage will lead the region's efforts to respond quickly and effectively in the marketplace.
" Greg Ridder has been with the company nearly 30 years and was instrumental in helping us successfully grow our operations in Asia Pacific," said Chairman and CEO Al Stroucken. "Steve will bring a fresh perspective to the region and will address, head on, the challenges we are facing in Australia and New Zealand, where market demand has dipped to record lows. His global experience and financial acumen will serve him well in this leadership role."Bramlage brings an extensive financial background to his new position as president of O-I Asia Pacific. Prior to his most recent role as general manager of O-I New Zealand, Bramlage served as vice president of finance and treasurer at the company's world headquarters and vice president of finance for O-I's European operations. Before joining O-I in 2006, Bramlage held roles in treasury and corporate finance at coatings company PPG Industries, pharmaceutical firm Eli Lilly & Company and Big Four accounting firm Ernst & Young.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV