4. Keegan Resources acquires and explores mineral resources in West Ghana, Africa. Its principal properties are the Asumura and the Esaase projects, and the company hopes to advance the latter project to commercial development. It also holds a portfolio of other Ghanaian gold concessions in various stages of exploration.
During fiscal 2011, Keegan acquired a 100% interest in the 10.4-square-kilometer Dawohodo prospecting concession from a private Ghanaian company for $1.1 million. The acquisition provides additional land that can be used in the development of the Esaase project.
The company recently announced the latest assay results from the Esaase project. It said it has encountered significant gold intercepts in its resource infill-drilling program, and the company's chief executive said that these new drill results indicate strength and consistency of mineralization in the current resource and strong potential from exploration of new zones. Currently, Keegan has almost 88 drill holes pending assay and intends to continue its aggressive development and exploration drill programs.Of the six analysts covering the stock, five rate it a buy and the rest rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 56.4% to $25.85 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV