4. Keegan Resources acquires and explores mineral resources in West Ghana, Africa. Its principal properties are the Asumura and the Esaase projects, and the company hopes to advance the latter project to commercial development. It also holds a portfolio of other Ghanaian gold concessions in various stages of exploration.
During fiscal 2011, Keegan acquired a 100% interest in the 10.4-square-kilometer Dawohodo prospecting concession from a private Ghanaian company for $1.1 million. The acquisition provides additional land that can be used in the development of the Esaase project.
The company recently announced the latest assay results from the Esaase project. It said it has encountered significant gold intercepts in its resource infill-drilling program, and the company's chief executive said that these new drill results indicate strength and consistency of mineralization in the current resource and strong potential from exploration of new zones. Currently, Keegan has almost 88 drill holes pending assay and intends to continue its aggressive development and exploration drill programs.Of the six analysts covering the stock, five rate it a buy and the rest rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 56.4% to $25.85 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV