NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Keegan Resources (KGN) and Extorre Gold Mines (XG) are among the six junior mining companies that analysts expect to make solid gains in the coming 12 months, according to Bloomberg.
Junior miners explore reserves for their bigger peers.
These stocks have already risen handsomely in the past month on the back of rising gold prices, as reflected by a 19.1% increase in the exchange-traded fund that tracks the sector, the Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ).
Analysts expect these six junior mining stocks to generate lucrative returns over the next 12 months. Analysts' average price targets for these stocks range from 10% to 180%, and none of the stocks have any sell ratings.The stocks are listed based on increasing upside according to analysts' price targets. >> Get your financial news on the go with TheStreet's iPad app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV