- Total revenue was $16.3 million for the second quarter of 2011, a sequential increase of 11% from $14.7 million in the first quarter of 2011, and a 6% increase from $15.4 million in the second quarter of 2010. The sequential increase primarily reflects higher revenues from eBook-related services and one-time fee of $0.6 million received from one of our customers for an early termination of an engagement.
- The Company reported net earnings of $0.8 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2011, compared with essentially break-even earnings in the first quarter of 2011, and a net loss of $0.9 million or ($0.03) per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2010. The increase in net earnings primarily reflects an increase in gross margins from 27% in the first quarter of 2011 and 21% in the second quarter of 2010 to 30% in the second quarter of 2011.
- In the first half of 2011, revenue was $31.0 million, compared to $30.9 million for the first half of 2010. Pre-tax earnings improved significantly from a pre-tax loss of $1.4 million to pre-tax earnings of $1.1 million. The increase in pre-tax earnings primarily reflects an increase in gross margins from 21% of revenues to 29% of revenues. Net earnings were $0.8 million, or $0.03 per diluted share for the first half of 2011, up from a net loss of $2.3 million, or ($0.09) per diluted share, in the corresponding period of 2010.
- The Company’s balance sheet continues to be strong. Cash and cash equivalents and investments as of June 30, 2011 were $26.9 million, compared to $28.6 million as of March 31, 2011.
- The Company paid approximately $0.9 million to repurchase approximately 342,000 shares of its common stock during the second quarter of 2011 under the $2.1 million share repurchase program that the Company announced in July 2010. Through the end of the second quarter, the Company repurchased a total of 606,000 shares under this program at a total cost of $1.7 million.
Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.