NORTHFIELD, Ill., July 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Stepan Company (NYSE: SCL) declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of $0.2600 per share on July 26, 2011. The dividend is payable on September 15, 2011, to common stockholders of record on August 31, 2011.
The Board of Directors also declared a quarterly cash dividend on its five and one half percent (5.5%) convertible preferred stock at the quarterly rate of $0.34375 per share. Dividends are payable on August 31, 2011 to preferred stockholders of record on August 15, 2011.
In addition, Stepan Company today announced the election of Mr. James R. Voss to the Board of Directors effective August 1, 2011. Mr. Voss is the current Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Solutia, Inc., a global manufacturer of performance materials and specialty chemicals. Mr. Voss will succeed Mr. Gary E. Hendrickson who resigned from the Board of Directors effective August 1, 2011. Mr. Hendrickson is leaving the Board of Directors to focus on other commitments, including his new position as President and Chief Executive Officer of The Valspar Corporation. "We appreciate Gary's significant contributions to the Board of Directors over the past two years and wish him well," said F. Quinn Stepan, Chairman.
Stepan Company, headquartered in Northfield, Illinois, is a leading producer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in household, industrial, personal care, agricultural, food and insulation-related products. The common and preferred stocks are traded on the New York and Chicago Stock Exchanges under the symbol SCL and SCLPR.SOURCE Stepan Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV