Thanks, Wayne. During our fiscal 2011 third quarter, we shipped 117.9 million suspension assemblies, up 15% from a 102.3 million suspension assemblies in the preceding quarter. After a weak start in the first-four weeks, our demand strengthened in the final nine weeks of the quarter.
As Wayne mentioned, compared to the preceding quarter, volume increased for all customers in across all disk drive market segments.
For the quarter, our mix of product shipped was as follows. Suspensions for 3.5-inch ATA applications increased 6% sequentially and accounted for 58% of our shipments compared with 63% in the preceding quarter.Shipments for mobile applications increased 43% sequentially and accounted for 19% of our shipments, up from 16% in the preceding quarter, and shipments for enterprise applications increased 22% sequentially and accounted for 23% of our shipments compared to a 21% in the preceding quarter.The average sell price in the fiscal 2011 third quarter was $0.59 compared with $0.60 in the preceding quarter. A favorable shift in product mix with suspensions for mobile and enterprise applications accounting for more of the quarter's total shipments, somewhat mitigated a sequential quarter decline in average selling price.Our third quarter shipments of TSA+ suspension assemblies increased 11% sequentially to $60 and accounted for 51% of our shipments compared with 53% in the preceding quarter when total volume was lower.Looking ahead, we expect TSA+ suspensions to account for 55% to 60% of our fourth quarter shipments and about 80% of our shipments by this time next year. Our TSA+ yield in cost per part continue to improve in the third quarter.As more of our product mix shifts from subtractive TSA suspensions to additive TSA+ suspensions and we make further improvements in our TSA+ process efficiency and capacity utilization, our total cost per part will continue to improve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV