The search engine launched AdWords Express on Monday, calling it a "faster and simpler way to start advertising online in under five minutes."
Google launched the product in October under the name Google Boost, and it was used by some smaller businesses. The company says it's fine-tuned the product, which determines searches to trigger specific local ads to appear, and enabled all U.S. businesses to use it.
"AdWords Express is designed to help local businesses that aren't already AdWords advertisers create effective campaigns," according to the official Google blog. The service helps "potential customers find your website or place page and gives you a quick and straightforward way to connect with them and grow your business. You simply provide some basic business information, create your ad and your campaign is ready to go."The news comes on the heels that Google plans to offer a line of credit to small and midsize businesses to be used to buy search advertising on Google. "We are beta testing the AdWords Business credit card with a small group of our U.S.-based advertisers," a Google spokesman says. "AdWords is a tremendous driver of growth for small businesses, so we think it makes sense to give them a more attractive way to pay for AdWords." The spokesman would not offer details, but cited a Reuters story saying the card will have a "competitive" interest rate of 8.99%, an "ample" credit line and no annual fee. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV