Let me now turn the call over to our CEO, George Scanlon.
Thank you, Bill, and good morning, everyone. We are pleased to report a $17 million increase in title pretax earnings despite a $60 million decrease in title operating revenue versus the second quarter of 2010. Additionally, the prior year was a particularly strong quarter for realized gains in the Title segment, as we realized more than $24 million in gains versus only $2 million this year, another sign of the strength of the operating performance in our Title business this quarter.
As Bill mentioned, the significant contributor was the strong performance in our Commercial business. Commercial revenue accounted for more than 25% of total direct title premiums in the second quarter, compared with 20% in the second quarter of 2010.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV