NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A TD Securities analyst says the overall outlook for base metals is positive and China's copper demand is quite steady.
Further, he adds that economic recovery in the U.S. will add incrementally to demand. Surprisingly, China's latest industrial production data add to the positivity and ease the concerns of a looming debt scenario in Europe and the U.S.
According to a recent report by Fitch Ratings, base metals producers are likely to record higher earnings and cash flows in 2011 compared to 2010, driven by improved prices. The rating outlook for the sector is stable on the expectations of metal producers remaining disciplined and retaining their financial profile through the recovery. Furthermore, Fitch foresees the recovery to stretch into 2012.
These eight stocks have upside potential of 9% to 41%, according to a Bloomberg consensus. On average, these stocks have 66% buy ratings, 28% hold ratings and negligible sell ratings.The stocks are stacked based on upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV