NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A TD Securities analyst says the overall outlook for base metals is positive and China's copper demand is quite steady.
Further, he adds that economic recovery in the U.S. will add incrementally to demand. Surprisingly, China's latest industrial production data add to the positivity and ease the concerns of a looming debt scenario in Europe and the U.S.
According to a recent report by Fitch Ratings, base metals producers are likely to record higher earnings and cash flows in 2011 compared to 2010, driven by improved prices. The rating outlook for the sector is stable on the expectations of metal producers remaining disciplined and retaining their financial profile through the recovery. Furthermore, Fitch foresees the recovery to stretch into 2012.
These eight stocks have upside potential of 9% to 41%, according to a Bloomberg consensus. On average, these stocks have 66% buy ratings, 28% hold ratings and negligible sell ratings.The stocks are stacked based on upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV