CFA Results Hit Wall Street
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - For the small percentage of students who managed to scrape through Level I and Level II of the arduous Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam, it is celebrations all around.
Results are out Tuesday and 39% of those who took the first level test passed, according to CFA Institute. That is up from the 36% pass rate in December 2010. 43% passed the Level II exam. The results for Level III will be available in August.
The CFA program, unlike the MBA, is focused on investment knowledge and has increasingly become a mark of distinction for investment professionals. It is often seen as career booster for Wall Street executives.
It takes four years on an average to get a CFA charter, according to the CFA Institute.--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV