NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Is Netflix (NFLX) deluded or just confident? That's the question investors are asking today after the movie rental company issued a cautious statement regarding its subscription price hike but then went on to release an optimistic fourth-quarter outlook.
Netflix addressed the uproar over its hike in subscription rates, saying it does expect to see some cancellations in the third quarter. But apparently, it takes only one quarter to sort it all out, and Netflix not only foresees a return to subscription growth in the fourth quarter, but also expects to hit the $1 billion revenue mark.
"Because of the timing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV