Another example of an ascending triangle is taking shape in shares of Cypress Semiconductor (CY), a mid-cap chipmaker whose technology is used in a bevy of products, from the auto world to the 3D glasses that come with the latest generation of TVs. In Cypress' case, the significant resistance level we're watching is $24.
The trading implications in this stock are largely the same as those in Reed. Essentially, there's an abundance of supply of shares of Cypress above $24 -- it's a price at which current shareholders begin to take profits. A sustained push above $24 means that buying pressures were able to overcome selling and that sentiment has shifted the technically significant prices for shares.
If and when shares do make their break for $24, consider a protective stop just below the 50-day moving average.>>Practice your stock trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV