The retail behemoth on Tuesday began streaming many movies the same day they come out on DVD through its Vudu service. Wal-Mart purchased Vudu last year, and currently offers 20,000 titles on the site. Users can watch movies with Internet access and via devices like Sony's (SNE)PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray players.
Movies cost between $1 and $5.99 to rent and can be purchased for $4.99 and up.
Wal-Mart's Vudu does not offer a subscription option, making it a bit different than Netflix's service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV