The athletic clothing manufacturer posted earnings of $6.2 million, or 12 cents a share for the quarter, up from $3.5 million, or 7 cents a shar,e in the same period last year. Analysts had called for earnings of 8 cents a share.
Revenue for the second quarter came in a $291.3 million compared to $204.8 million in the prior year's period. Analysts' estimates were revenue of $273.4 million.
The company's success was driven by strong revenue growth in all its divisions, boosted by an 81% jump in direct-to-consumer revenue, now representing 27% of its business.The company also raised its 2011 net revenue projection to a range of $1.42 billion to $1.44 billion, representing 33% to 35% growth over 2010, from its previous estimate of $1.37 billion to $1.39 billion. -- Written by Carlton Wilkinson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV