5 Great Tournaments For Not-So-Great Golfers
If a player is willing to break the bank for a chance to play with a PGA pro, pro-ams are the way to go.
Just about every event on the PGA Tour and LPGA Tour has a pro-am tournament. Depending on the event, an individual can shell out $4,000 to $10,000 for a spot.
The problem is that even the most well-heeled golfers aren't necessarily guaranteed a spot. The Heritage at Hilton Head's Harbour Town in South Carolina, for example, isn't played until April and usually sells out by February. Meanwhile, the Phoenix Open's pro-am at TPC Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Ariz., was called off last year because of frost.Before amateurs get visions of Augusta dancing through their heads, they should realize that the PGA Tour has some noteworthy exceptions when it comes to tournament pro-ams. The U.S. Open, British Open, PGA Championship and Masters don't have pro-am events, nor do the Players and Tour Championships. -- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV