High-End Retail Space Becomes "Space" Museum
NOVATO, Calif., July 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A California education foundation and a large commercial property owner have formed an alliance to have a museum-quality space exploration exhibit in a prime Marin County retail space.
The W Foundation (TWF) and The Walter Kieckhefer Company (WKC) have established a pilot program in which TWF will establish a space education exhibit in one of WKC's marquee retail spots located in the upscale Ignacio neighborhood of Marin County.
"This is a "win, win" for our organization, the property owner and the community. Hopefully, this idea will gain traction with other groups across the country because there are so many vacant retail spaces that need to be filled. Museums gain access to high traffic areas through temporary exhibits in secure locations, and the public gains a new education venue in their neighborhood." Says Ken Winans, co-president of The W Foundation.
The event called, " Novato Space Fest" will be held at the Pacheco Plaza (366 Ignacio Blvd, Novato) from July 29-31. For more information, contact The W Foundation www.thewfoundation.orgThe W Foundation is a volunteer staffed and privately funded 501c3 non-profit corporation founded in 2004. It owns and displays one of the largest private collections of U.S., Russian and Soviet space exploration artifacts in existence. Artifacts have been on display for many years at such Bay Area institutions as Chabot Space Science Center, The USS Hornet Museum, and it sponsors the "Navy in Space" exhibit during Fleet Week. The organization has attracted legendary figures such as Apollo 12 Astronaut Dick Gordon, award winning actor Bill Pullman and video game designer Will Wright to its Board of Advisors. SOURCE The W Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV