Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2011. Key aspects of the Company's results for the second quarter of 2011 include:
- A net loss of $481,000 or $0.06 per diluted share, which compared with net income of $128,000 or $0.02 per diluted share in the year-earlier quarter;
- Organic loan growth, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $10.6 million or 3% on a linked-quarter basis;
- Core deposit growth, excluding certificates of deposit and brokered deposits, of $18.9 million or 4% on a linked-quarter basis;
- An increase in the allowance for loan losses to 1.58% of period-end loans, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, from 1.51% of loans at March 31, 2011;
- A decline in annualized net charge-offs to 0.26% for the second quarter of 2011 from 2.80% on a linked-quarter basis; and
- A decline in nonperforming assets (NPAs), excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 1.17% from 1.66% on a linked-quarter basis.
Commenting on the results, Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "During the second quarter of 2011, we experienced significant costs and dedicated substantial Company resources to convert our second FDIC-assisted transaction, Citizens Bank of Effingham ("Citizens"), onto our core operating system. After the successful integration of Citizens, we have refocused our attention on strategic expansion to build our brand and branch footprint by seizing on other attractive opportunities to deploy our capital and position the Company for future growth.
"At the same time, the credit quality of our non-FDIC-assisted loan portfolio also improved in the second quarter," Dorminey continued. "We continue to manage our FDIC-acquired loan portfolios prudently, and have hired an experienced team to handle the workout of our FDIC-acquired assets and the complex requirements of loss-share agreements."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV