On July 25, J.M. Smucker announced a 9.1% increase to its quarterly dividend, paying shareholders 48 cents per share, up from 44 cents. The next dividend will be paid on Sept. 1 to shareholders of record on Aug. 12. That brings J.M. Smucker's yield to around 2.4%.
On July 18, media and publishing company Gannett said its board approved a 100% increase to its quarterly dividend, paying 8 cents per share, up from 4 cents. The higher payout will be available on Oct. 3 to shareholders of record on Sept. 9. That will bring Gannett's dividend yield to around 2.4%.On June 30, Darden Restaurants, the operator of Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants, said it increased its dividend by 34.4% to 43 cents per share, up from 32 cents. The higher dividend will be paid on Aug. 1 to shareholders of record on July 11, bringing its yield to around 3.2%.
On June 28, General Mills increased its quarterly dividend to 30.5 cents per share, 8.9% higher than its prior payout of 28 cents per share. The next dividend will be paid on Aug. 1 to shareholders of record on July 11. That brings General Mills' yield to around 3.2%. Not all consumer stocks have raised their diviends, but many maintained the cash they paid their shareholders recently.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV