On July 25, J.M. Smucker announced a 9.1% increase to its quarterly dividend, paying shareholders 48 cents per share, up from 44 cents. The next dividend will be paid on Sept. 1 to shareholders of record on Aug. 12. That brings J.M. Smucker's yield to around 2.4%.
On July 18, media and publishing company Gannett said its board approved a 100% increase to its quarterly dividend, paying 8 cents per share, up from 4 cents. The higher payout will be available on Oct. 3 to shareholders of record on Sept. 9. That will bring Gannett's dividend yield to around 2.4%.On June 30, Darden Restaurants, the operator of Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants, said it increased its dividend by 34.4% to 43 cents per share, up from 32 cents. The higher dividend will be paid on Aug. 1 to shareholders of record on July 11, bringing its yield to around 3.2%.
On June 28, General Mills increased its quarterly dividend to 30.5 cents per share, 8.9% higher than its prior payout of 28 cents per share. The next dividend will be paid on Aug. 1 to shareholders of record on July 11. That brings General Mills' yield to around 3.2%. Not all consumer stocks have raised their diviends, but many maintained the cash they paid their shareholders recently.
Read on for More Dividend Increases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV