JNPR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.78, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
From a valuation perspective, Juniper's current price-to-earnings ratio indicates a discount compared to an average of 31.04 for the Communications Equipment industry and a significant premium compared to the S&P 500 average of 16.54. To use another comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 2.42 indicates valuation on par with the S&P 500 average of 2.23 and a discount versus the industry average of 2.92. The current price-to-sales ratio is well above the S&P 500 average and above the industry average, indicating a premium.
>> Get your financial news on the go with TheStreet's iPad app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV