Famous Resumes: Lessons for Job Seekers
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Twitter and Facebook aren't the only social networks that are home to some of the country's most famous men and women. Many politicians, movie stars, business owners and other well-known figures also have profiles on LinkedIn, a career-oriented social networking site.
Of all the users on LinkedIn, these celebrities likely have the least need to network and find jobs, but their profiles nonetheless offer a rare glimpse into the resumes of the rich and famous, and while their careers may be worth emulating, their resumes often aren't.
|He may be among the richest man in the world, but on LinkedIn, Bill Gates seems to have very poor networking abilities.|
We asked two career experts to analyze the LinkedIn profiles of some of America's most famous workers to find lessons for average job hunters. As an aside, we should note that most of these profiles are probably not managed by the individual themselves, and unfortunately, unlike Twitter, LinkedIn does not verify that these accounts are held by the individual in question.
Leading up to the 2008 presidential elections, one of the biggest criticisms against Barack Obama was that his resume was a little too light. Now that he's served the majority of his first term as president of the United States, though, it seems doubtful Obama will face this criticism when trying to win a second term. That said, the resume he has up on LinkedIn still looks pretty light. Obama lists four positions he's held in his career, including his time as college professor, state senator, U.S. senator and now as president, but offers little in the way of specifics about his achievements in each.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV