4. Consol Energy (CNX), a multi-fuel energy producer and energy services provider, engages in serving the electric power generation industry in the U.S. The company operates in two segments: coal and gas. Consol produces pipeline coalbed methane gas from its coal properties in the Northern and the Central Appalachian basin, and oil and gas from properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins. Last week the stock gained 4.7%.
The company raised its annual metallurgical coal production guidance stating it does not expect any geological or production issues. It expects to produce 5 million tons currently, up 500,000 tons from the earlier estimate. Consol's chief executive said that the company's mines ran very well during the quarter.
Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 78% suggest a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 14.1% upside to $62.52 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV