2. Arch Coal (ACI), a coal producer, supplies coal to power plants, steel mills and industrial facilities. The company operates in three segments: Powder River Basin, the Western Bituminous region and the Central Appalachia region. Arch's mines and access to export facilities enable shipments to coal-fired power plants, industrial facilities, and steel mills located in the U.S. and worldwide. The stock gained 8.0% last week.
Three major coal companies including Arch Coal, Peabody Energy and Patriot Coal are expanding their metallurgical coal production by investing in new mines and acquisitions to meet demand from China and India. Last week, ACI was raised to buy from hold at Citigroup.
Of the 26 analysts covering the stock, 65% recommend a buy and 31% remaining rate a hold. On average, analysts estimate 32.8% upside to $38.00 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV