3. Mobile bookkeeping/payroll/payment software
Once a smartphone or tablet is in use, business owners should have access to mobile bookkeeping and invoicing software. One example is Intuit's (INTU) QuickBooks mobile offerings.
The QuickBooks app accesses data from the desktop to help small-business owners' on-the-go needs. Users have the ability to create estimates, manage invoices and view customer data, among other things, the company says.
Small businesses can also take mobile payments through Intuit's GoPayment application to process credit card information through a smartphone or tablet. And owners can pay employees using an Intuit mobile app linked to its payroll software.>>>Small Businesses Assess Mobile Payments "Not only is the fax machine passe, but so is the office," Intuit spokeswoman Sharna Brockett says. "Your office can be anywhere you want it to be -- your kitchen table, a cafe or even your car. All you need is a tablet or smartphone and some apps and online services to run your business." The QuickBooks Mobile app is available for Google (GOOG) Android and Apple iPhones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV